Saturday, September 14

Bittersweet

"It was right difficult leaving the family behind. Little Ileana would not stop her crying, though I assured her I would come back with even more stories to tell around the fire. It's going to be hard, I know, leaving the caravan. We have traveled through mountains that scrape stars, to beaches where the surf breaks on sand as it has done since the earth began, but never have I traveled so far alone. But it's my time. Folk say that London is the place to be, so with tati's blessing and mami's necklace, I'm off to seek some coin and have a few adventures of my own. Goodness knows my heart has never beat so fast with excitement, but my people know the road. We make our lives on it, traveling here and there and never staying long. I know first hand its beauty and its dangers, and never before have I had to face them all alone."
-Tinka